Namek Technologies brings you the most affordable open source firewall in India.
Embedded System with HDMI Port for display output !
Very High Quality Build, Small, with configuration customization options!
The NFW3215 can be loaded with 64-bit NanoBSD or Full Install (depending on media you select)
If you intend to install packages like Squid / SquidGuard choose HDD option with Full Install
Intel Dual Core 3215U CPU
4GB / 8GB DDR3 RAM
Low power (15W)
4x Gigabit Intel NICs
16GB SSD / 500GB HDD (or both!)
Why the NFW3215 Should be your top choice for pfSense ?
– Most affordable and cheapest hardware firewall in the market capable of sustaining hundreds of users
– It is a top notch Intel Broadwell platform , Fanless and uses very Low power (15W)
– Very Small form factor (Vesa Mount Included)
CPU – Intel Celeron Processor 3215U Dual core (2M Cache, 1.70 GHz, Broadwell) with Intel Virtualization Support
RAM – 4GB / 8GB DDR3
power on/off button
2 x USB 3.0 Ports
2 x USB 2.0 Ports
1 x HD Video Connector
1 x Serial port
1 x Minipcie port (for mSATA SSD)
1 x DDR3L SO-DIMM Memory Slot
1 x SATA Port
1 xDV 12V DC input
HDD LED, Power LEDs
4 x 10/100/1000 Mbps Intel Gigabit Ethernet Ports (Intel I211-AT)
1 x Speak Out Connector
1 x Mic In Connector
Storage – 16GB SSD / 500GB HDD
Dimensions – 187 mm x 115 mm x 52 mm
Weight – 2 Kg
Power Consumption – 15W
pfSense is becoming the most popular FreeBSD based firewall. Some of its features are:
– Firewall to secure your network
– NAT – forwarding TCP ports for Servers, CCTV DVRs, Remote access.
– Multi-WAN Load balancing to use multiple ISPs at the same time (either in failover or load balancing mode)
– VPN – Securely accessing your office network or connecting satellite offices to the HQ
– Reporting – RRD Graphs and real-time traffic graphs
– Dynamic DNS – If you don’t have a static IP, but need to configure VPN or port forwarding for CCTV, you can integrate pfSense with many popular dynamic DNS providers. Like no-ip or dyndns
– Captive Portal – This feature allows you to force authentication, or redirection to a click through page for network access. This is commonly used on Wi-Fi hotspot networks (malls, coffee shops, hotels, airports)
pfSense feature-set can be extended by the use of packages
Support and Warranty
We strive to offer the best customer support possible for all our customers
– Assistance in setting up WAN interface to work with your leased line or ADSL broadband connection (Tata, Airtel, Bsnl )
– DHCP configuration for LAN (if necessary)
All you have to do is open a support ticket once you receive the product and one of our technicians will assist you in setting up your firewall with your network.
Namek NFW3215 comes with 1 Year Hardware warranty
Our technical support timings are Mon-Fri, 11 am to 6 PM
*Additional Technical support for beyond basic installation / configuration is charged separately on a per-ticket basis
What is the warranty process? What if the device fails during warranty period?
If the device fails during the warranty period, you simply have to send the faulty device to us and we will send you a replacement after inspection.
Why should you choose Namek Technologies as your next firewall vendor?
– Expertise, not just a hardware vendor – We’re experts in overall computer networking, cloud computing, information security and not your average hardware dealer who just sells on behalf of the manufacturer
– Deployed 200+ Open-Source firewalls across various verticals and companies of all sizes (Small to Large scale)
– Our prime goal is to provide an affordable, stable and secure firewall solution to SMEs in India
Comparison with commercial firewalls
Open-Source vs Commercial Firewalls :
Benefits with an open-source firewall are:
– No subscription charges – With most commercial firewalls you have to pay an expensive “subscription fees” to use even the most basic functions. With open-source firewalls, there are no subscription charges whatsoever.
– Lifetime free updates and upgrades – You get free security updates and upgrades to new versions free of charge.
– No user limit – You have no hard limits on number of users. You can add as many users as the hardware resources permit
– Open hardware – If you don’t like pfSense or want to switch to something else, you can easily install virtually ANY operating system without any problems. Once you purchase the hardware, it is yours to do as you like!
– Extensible – You can extend the features of the firewall by installing additional packages of your choice. (Like snort / suricata, squid /squidguard )
– Highly affordable – Most commercial firewalls with 4GB ram (that virtually support 4,000,000+ concurrent connections or more) start at a very high price
Comparison with assembled desktop firewalls
While you can easily build an assembled desktop firewall for about the same price, here is why we recommend the NFW3215:
Consumes Less power – It only consumes 15W of power, which means it can be online on your UPS for a very long time as compares to a regular 500W desktop SMPS
Highly Reliable – Our firewall has no moving parts with passive cooling and so it is far more reliable than any assembled desktop that frequently fail due to SMPS, FAN and other failures.
Takes Less Space – Due to its compact size, It takes up the same space as your broadband modem or a wireless router. You can even mount it behind a monitor with the included VESA Mount Plate
Current use cases
Currently, this firewall is being used in a variety of industry verticals.
Some use cases are:
– As a standard firewall to secure your network against hackers
– For website filtering at offices, schools, colleges, call centers, Industries etc.
– As a WAN load balancer to combine multiple internet connections for companies that need 100% uptime.
You can even use 3G / 4G routers for failover / loadbalancing
– At hotels / restaurants where you want to offer guest Wi-Fi with username / password or voucher based authentication.
– For connecting branch offices to the corporate office on standard broadband connections
Other use cases
This can also be used as:
– Ubuntu Desktop / Server with GUI
– CentOS Desktop / server
– Windows Server (Supports windows 10)
– General Purpose Linux Server
– VoIP Server
– Virtualization (Proxmox / Vmware ESXi)