Namek Technologies brings you the most affordable firewall hardware appliance in India.
Small Yet Powerful!
The NFC2C4 can be loaded with many open source firewall distributions
Quad Core CPU
Low power (6W – 10 W)
3x Gigabit Intel NICs
16GB mSATA SSD for excellent reliability and faster boot time.
Why the NFC2C4 Should be your top choice for your firewall hardware ?
– Most affordable and cheapest hardware firewall appliance in the market capable of sustaining hundreds of users
– It is a top notch quad core embedded platform , Fanless and uses very Low power
– Very Small form factor (Smaller than mini ITX)
– NFC2C4 Hardware
– AC Adapter
– 16GB mSATA SSD (already installed inside)
NFC2C4 Hardware Specifications:
CPU – AMD GX-412TC, 1 GHz Quad Jaguar core with 64 bit and AES-NI support
RAM – 4GB
Connectivity – 3 x 10/100/1000 Mbps Intel Gigabit Ethernet Ports (Intel i210AT), 2 USB 3.0 Ports, 1 Serial Port
Storage – PC Engines 16GB mSATA SSD (Phison S9 controller)
Dimensions – 168 mm x 157 mm x 30 mm (6.6″ x 6.1″ x 1.2″)
Weight – 0.85 Kg
Power Consumption – 6W (Idle) 10W (Full Load)
Throughput benchmarks (done with pfSense):
Max Throughput – 800 Mbps
Max Throughput (with firewall) – 600 Mbps
OpenVPN Throughput AES 256 – 120 Mbps
Routing Throughput – 900 Mbps (Ubuntu)
Some features of our hardware appliance are:
Open Hardware – You can open the casing, change internal / upgrade components like mSATA SSD,
Add a bigger 2.5″ SATA drive (cable required) or even an SD Card
Ideal hardware for firewall – It comes with high 3x high quality gigabit ports, Quad Core CPU for fast processing, 4GB RAM for thousands of concurrent connections, and 16GB mSATA SSD for fast boot times
Low power – Device only consumes about 6w to 10w of power so it not only saves electricity, but also lasts 10x longer on a UPS as compared to a full Desktop PC hardware.
Small Size – Smaller than a Mini ITX form factor, it takes very less space and so it is ideal for small to medium sized offices and businesses
Compatible with many firewall and Operating system distributions including:
Support and Warranty
This product comes with 1 Year Hardware warranty
Technical support is NOT included in the price mentioned above can be purchased separately
What is the warranty process? What if the device fails during warranty period?
If the device fails during the warranty period, you simply have to send the faulty device to us and we will send you a replacement after inspection.
Why should you choose Namek Technologies as your next firewall vendor?
– Expertise, not just a hardware vendor – We’re experts in overall computer networking, cloud computing, information security and not your average hardware dealer who just sells on behalf of the manufacturer
– Deployed 200+ variety of Open Source firewalls across various verticals and companies of all sizes (Small to Large scale)
– Authorized Distributor for PC Engines in India
– Our prime goal is to provide an affordable, stable and secure firewall solution to SMEs in India
Comparison with commercial firewalls
Open-Source vs Commercial Firewalls :
Benefits with an open-source firewall are:
– No subscription charges – With most commercial firewalls you have to pay an expensive “subscription fees” to use even the most basic functions. With open-source firewalls, there are no subscription charges whatsoever.
– Lifetime free updates and upgrades – You get free security updates and upgrades to new versions free of charge.
– No user limit – You have no hard limits on number of users. You can add as many users as the hardware resources permit
– Extensible – You can extend the features of the firewall by installing additional softwareof your choice.
– Highly affordable – Most commercial firewalls with 4GB ram (that virtually support 4,000,000+ concurrent connections or more) start at Rs. 3 Lakhs !
Comparison with assembled desktop firewalls
While you can easily build an assembled desktop firewall for about the same price, here is why we recommend the NFC2C4:
Consumes Less power – It only consumes 6W to 10W of power, which means it can be online on your UPS for a very long time as compares to a regular 500W desktop SMPS
Highly Reliable – Our firewall has no moving parts with passive cooling (fanless) and so it is far more reliable than any assembled desktop that frequently fail due to SMPS, FAN and other failures.
Takes Less Space – Due to its compact size, It takes up the same space as your broadband modem or a wireless router!
POE Enabled – If you have a PoE switch, you don’t even need the power adapter. You can directly power the firewall with an ethernet cable from your PoE enabled switch
Current use cases
Currently, this firewall is being used in a variety of industry verticals.
Some use cases are:
– As a standard firewall to secure your network against hackers
– For website filtering at offices, schools, colleges, call centers, Industries etc.
– As a WAN load balancer to combine multiple internet connections for companies that need 100% uptime.
You can even use 3G / 4G routers for failover / loadbalancing
– At hotels / restaurants where you want to offer guest Wi-Fi with username / password or voucher based authentication.
– For connecting branch offices to the corporate office on standard broadband connections