Namek Technologies brings you the most affordable open source firewall in India.
Embedded System with HDMI Port for display output !
Very High Quality Build, Small, with configuration customization options!
The OP3215 can be loaded with 64-bit OPNSense Installation
Intel Dual Core 3215U CPU
4GB / 8GB DDR3 RAM
Low power (15W)
4x Gigabit Intel NICs
16GB SSD / 500GB HDD (or both!)
Why the OP3215 Should be your top choice for OPNsense?
– Most affordable and cheapest hardware firewall in the market capable of sustaining hundreds of users
– It is a top notch Intel Broadwell platform , Fanless and uses very Low power (15W)
– Very Small form factor (Vesa Mount Included)
CPU – Intel Celeron Processor 3215U Dual core (2M Cache, 1.70 GHz, Broadwell) with Intel Virtualization Support
RAM – 4GB / 8GB DDR3
power on/off button
2 x USB 3.0 Ports
2 x USB 2.0 Ports
1 x HD Video Connector
1 x Serial port
1 x Minipcie port (for mSATA SSD)
1 x DDR3L SO-DIMM Memory Slot
1 x SATA Port
1 xDV 12V DC input
HDD LED, Power LEDs
4 x 10/100/1000 Mbps Intel Gigabit Ethernet Ports (Intel I211-AT)
1 x Speak Out Connector
1 x Mic In Connector
Storage – 16GB SSD / 500GB HDD
Dimensions – 187 mm x 115 mm x 52 mm
Weight – 2 Kg
Power Consumption – 15W
OPNSense is the most recent fork of pfSense and has evolved rapidly into a very user friendly firewall distribution
Official OPNSense brochure can be downloaded from here
Dashboard – OPNsense offers a dashboard feature to quickly check the status of your OPNsense Firewall.
Modern User Interface – OPNsense offers a dashboard feature to quickly check the status of your OPNsense
Stateful firewall – A stateful firewall is a firewall that keeps track of the state of network connections (such as TCP streams, UDP communication) traveling across it. OPNsense offers grouping of Firewall Rules by Category, a great feature for more demanding network setups.
Aliases & GeoLite Country Database – Managing firewall rules have never been this easy. By using Aliases you can group mulitple IP’s or Host into one list, to be used in firewall rules. Additionally IP or Hostnames can be fetched from external URLs, examples are DROP (Do Not Route Or Peer), Abuse.ch’s Ransomware tracker and the build-in Maxmind GeoLite2 Country database.
Traffic Shaper – Traffic shaping within OPNsense is very flexible and is organised around pipes, queues and corresponding rules. The pipes define the allowed bandwidth, the queues can be used to set a weight within the pipe and finally the rules are used to apply the shaping to a certain package flow. The shaping rules are handled independently from the firewall rules and other settings.
Two Factor Authentication – Two-factor authentication also known as 2FA or 2-Step Verification is an authentication method that requires two components, such as a pin/password + a token. OPNsense offers full support for Two-factor authentication ( 2FA ) throughout the entire system utilizing Google Authenticator.
Supported 2FA services include:
- OPNsense Graphical User Interface
- Captive Portal
- Virtual Private Networking – OpenVPN & IPsec
- Caching Proxy
Captive Portal – OPNsense offers a dashboard feature to quickly check the status of your OPNsense
VPN – OPNsense Comes with OpenVPN and IPsec
High Availability – OPNsense utilises the Common Address Redundancy Protocol or CARP for hardware failover. Two or more firewalls can be configured as a failover group. If one interface fails on the primary or the primary goes offline entirely, the secondary becomes active.
Caching Proxy – The caching proxy offered by OPNsense is fully featured and includes category based webfiltering, extensive Access Control Lists and can run in transparent mode. The proxy can be combined with the traffic shaper to enhance user experience. Integration with most professional Anti-Virus solutions is possble trough the ICAP interface.
IPS / IDS – The inline IPS system of OPNsense is based on Suricata and utilises Netmap to enhance performance and minimize cpu utilisation. This deep packet inspection system is very powerful and can be used to mitigate security threats at wire speed.
Reporting and monitoring – OPNsense offers many options for reporting and monitoring the system, these include:
System Health – A modern take on RRD graphs with the option to zoom in and export data.
Netflow Exporter – Use your favorite netflow analyser to see most active users, interfaces, ports & applications.
Intergrated Netflow Analyser – OPNsense also offers an integrated Netflow analyser without the need for additional plugins or tools, similar to what you may find in high-end commercial products.
Firmware & Plugins – OPNsense offers a dashboard feature to quickly check the status of your OPNsense
Support and Warranty
Namek OP3215 comes with 1 Year Hardware warranty
Technical support is NOT included in the price mentioned above can be purchased separately
What is the warranty process? What if the device fails during warranty period?
If the device fails during the warranty period, you simply have to send the faulty device to us and we will send you a replacement after inspection.
Why should you choose Namek Technologies as your next firewall vendor?
– Expertise, not just a hardware vendor – We’re experts in overall computer networking, cloud computing, information security and not your average hardware dealer who just sells on behalf of the manufacturer
– Deployed 200+ Open-Source firewalls across various verticals and companies of all sizes (Small to Large scale)
– Our prime goal is to provide an affordable, stable and secure firewall solution to SMEs in India
Comparison with commercial firewalls
Open-Source vs Commercial Firewalls :
Benefits with an open-source firewall are:
– No subscription charges – With most commercial firewalls you have to pay an expensive “subscription fees” to use even the most basic functions. With open-source firewalls, there are no subscription charges whatsoever.
– Lifetime free updates and upgrades – You get free security updates and upgrades to new versions free of charge.
– No user limit – You have no hard limits on number of users. You can add as many users as the hardware resources permit
– Open hardware – If you don’t like OPNsense or want to switch to something else, you can easily install virtually ANY operating system without any problems. Once you purchase the hardware, it is yours to do as you like!
– Extensible – You can extend the features of the firewall by installing additional packages of your choice. (Like snort / suricata, squid /squidguard )
– Highly affordable – Most commercial firewalls with 4GB ram (that virtually support 4,000,000+ concurrent connections or more) start at a very high price
Comparison with assembled desktop firewalls
While you can easily build an assembled desktop firewall for about the same price, here is why we recommend the NFW3215:
Consumes Less power – It only consumes 15W of power, which means it can be online on your UPS for a very long time as compares to a regular 500W desktop SMPS
Highly Reliable – Our firewall has no moving parts with passive cooling and so it is far more reliable than any assembled desktop that frequently fail due to SMPS, FAN and other failures.
Takes Less Space – Due to its compact size, It takes up the same space as your broadband modem or a wireless router. You can even mount it behind a monitor with the included VESA Mount Plate
Current use cases
Currently, this firewall is being used in a variety of industry verticals.
Some use cases are:
– As a standard firewall to secure your network against hackers
– For website filtering at offices, schools, colleges, call centers, Industries etc.
– As a WAN load balancer to combine multiple internet connections for companies that need 100% uptime.
You can even use 3G / 4G routers for failover / loadbalancing
– At hotels / restaurants where you want to offer guest Wi-Fi with username / password or voucher based authentication.
– For connecting branch offices to the corporate office on standard broadband connections
Other use cases
This can also be used as:
– Ubuntu Desktop / Server with GUI
– CentOS Desktop / server
– Windows Server (Supports windows 10)
– General Purpose Linux Server
– VoIP Server
– Virtualization (Proxmox / Vmware ESXi)
There are no reviews yet.